Since its launch last September, the all-new Impreza has achieved record sales. With the redesign for the 2017MY, featuring the all-new Subaru Global Platform, this new Impreza has quickly become a shining star.
The Impreza has always received positive reviews and numerous awards since its introduction in 1993, and this new Impreza is no exception. Positioned as the intelligent alternative to the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla, Impreza has led the way with outstanding safety, performance and value. Here’s what some of the automotive media have said about Impreza:
• Car and Driver magazine: “…the Impreza is a delight because of its stiff, well-tuned chassis and also its firm brake pedal.”
• TheCarConnection.com said “Standard all-wheel drive and well-equipped, the 2017 Subaru Impreza is a compelling value for compact shoppers.”
• Cars.com was equally impressed: “The Impreza’s comfort and driving dynamics impress. Bumps are well-damped, and it handles well, with reactive steering, a planted feel at highway speeds and flat cornering.”
• The Wall Street Journal’s Dan Neil commended the Impreza 5-Door model, saying, “When the seatbacks are in place, cargo capacity is good (20.8 cubic feet). When they are down, it’s great: 55.3 cubic feet – about as much cargo capacity as a Ford Expedition with the third row folded.”
• And Motor Trend magazine said this about the updated SUBARU STARLINK Multimedia
system: “And speaking of infotainment, it’s hard to overstate what a big leap forward this
system is for Subaru. It was intuitive, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto make using the system as simple as using your smartphone.”
The toughest critic of all, Consumer Reports, had this to say about the Impreza in their July 2017 issue: “Subaru knocks it out of the park with its redesigned 2017 Impreza sedan and hatchback — now the top-rated car in the compact class.”
Safety is an important purchase consideration for buyers in the Compact Car segment, and safety is the cornerstone of the Subaru design philosophy. With the new global platform introduced with the ‘17MY Impreza, new levels of safety are achieved due to the rigidity of the new chassis design. In addition, safety is further enhanced with available EyeSight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection, STARLINK Safety and Security, Steering Responsive Headlights (SRH), Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB) and standard Rear-Vision Camera. The list of safety awards and accolades is lengthy:
• The Impreza has been an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ for five years running (2013 – 2017) and we expect it maintain a Top Safety Pick+ rating for 2018!
• The 2017 Impreza is the only small car to earn top ratings in all IIHS evaluations.
• The Impreza has earned an Overall 5-Star safety rating from NHTSA for the past 5 consecutive years.
• The Wall Street Journal’s Dan Neil says, “Unlike on-demand (AWD) systems, the Subaru AWD system is always working, always on guard, ready in an instant. New parents should know that when it comes to babysitting traction, only Subaru keeps so watchful an eye.”
Impreza is not only the best-selling all-wheel drive vehicle in its class but it’s also the longest lasting vehicle in its class! And when it comes to value, the Impreza delivers.
• Named Best Resale Value in its class for 2017 by Kelley Blue Book.
• Retains its value better than any other vehicle in its class for 2017, according to ALG.
• Named one of the 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 for 2017 by Kelley Blue Book.
• One of Wards 10 Best Interiors of 2017.
• The 2017 Subaru Impreza was named a Must Test Drive car by Autotrader.
We can’t wait to see what 2018 brings!